A man who likened himself to mass murderer Anders Breivik wanted to "put a bullet" in Prince Charles' head, a court has heard.
Mark Colborne, 37, wrote he would sacrifice himself to "get a shot" at the prince, the Old Bailey was told.
Jurors have been told he plotted a mass cyanide attack as he felt "belittled" for being white and ginger-haired.
Mr Colborne, of Butts Road, Southampton, denies preparing terrorist acts.
During the opening of Mr Colborne's trial, jurors were told he had written of his hatred for 'non-Aryans' and compared himself to right-wing extremist Breivik, who shot 77 people dead.
Prosecutor Annabel Darlow QC read several diary entries from May and June 2012 which were found in Mr Colborne's bedroom.
In them, he expressed a desire to attack Prince Charles and his sons with a sniper rifle.
He wrote: "I don't want to be a serial killer. I'm more of an Anders Breivik. I have left potential targets open.
"I was waiting for an opportunity to kill one of them. Let it be Prince Charles which would be good."
Incriminating diaries were found in Mr Colborne's 'extremely cluttered' bedroom
He said he wanted a "silent rifle" and would "take up a good position and put a bullet in Charles's head".
"He is protected but not too protected. I would sacrifice my life for that one shot.
"Kill Charles and William and Harry, become king. Kill the tyrants."
Mr Colborne was arrested on 3 June last year after his half-brother Kevin and mother Patricia discovered a large amount of equipment in Mr Colborne's "extremely cluttered" bedroom, the court heard.
Ms Darlow told jurors the defendant had suffered from depression and agoraphobia and had led a relatively isolated life.
The trial continues.
Mark Colborne, 37, wrote he would sacrifice himself to "get a shot" at the prince, the Old Bailey was told.
Jurors have been told he plotted a mass cyanide attack as he felt "belittled" for being white and ginger-haired.
Mr Colborne, of Butts Road, Southampton, denies preparing terrorist acts.
During the opening of Mr Colborne's trial, jurors were told he had written of his hatred for 'non-Aryans' and compared himself to right-wing extremist Breivik, who shot 77 people dead.
Prosecutor Annabel Darlow QC read several diary entries from May and June 2012 which were found in Mr Colborne's bedroom.
In them, he expressed a desire to attack Prince Charles and his sons with a sniper rifle.
He wrote: "I don't want to be a serial killer. I'm more of an Anders Breivik. I have left potential targets open.
"I was waiting for an opportunity to kill one of them. Let it be Prince Charles which would be good."
Incriminating diaries were found in Mr Colborne's 'extremely cluttered' bedroom
He said he wanted a "silent rifle" and would "take up a good position and put a bullet in Charles's head".
"He is protected but not too protected. I would sacrifice my life for that one shot.
"Kill Charles and William and Harry, become king. Kill the tyrants."
Mr Colborne was arrested on 3 June last year after his half-brother Kevin and mother Patricia discovered a large amount of equipment in Mr Colborne's "extremely cluttered" bedroom, the court heard.
Ms Darlow told jurors the defendant had suffered from depression and agoraphobia and had led a relatively isolated life.
The trial continues.
No comments:
Write comments